Technology Operations Engineer
MetrumRG is looking for an IT support professional to work closely with our head of technology to support the growing needs of our team. If you are excited about learning and becoming fluent in several different technologies and facets of information technology, we want to hear from you!
You should be:
- Excited to learn new concepts.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Seeking to understand documentation and process - not just follow it.
- Task-oriented with strong multitasking skills.
- A team player.
- Thorough and thoughtful with strong attention to detail.
- Willing and able to learn from mistakes.
- Provide application support to our customers and internal users.
- Provide deployment, QA, and testing support of application releases.
- Provide general IT support for staff: procuring and building workstations, user management, training, etc.
- Assist with creating, maintaining, and curating documentation for internal process and user instruction.
- Manage and maintain internal cloud-based systems as needed.
- Day-to-day tasks and project work as assigned.
- Willing to occasionally travel to our Connecticut office.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field
- 2-3 years of experience with Ubuntu Linux - strong foundation and practical experience desired.
- 3-5 years in a user-facing, application support role – “Level 2” or comparable support experience.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services base products (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, etc.).
- General understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- General understanding of modern cloud computing concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
Experience with some of the following tools is a plus:
- Ticket/request based workflow (systems like Jira, Zendesk, Freshdesk)
- Version control (git, subversion)
- Linux shell scripting
- Programming languages such as Python and/or Ruby
- Basic SQL commands
Location: This position is based in Cambridge, MA.
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.