Tariffville, CT or Boston area or full-time remote.
Metrum Research Group is seeking a versatile writer to join our Science Communications group to support our scientific deliverables, marketing content, and internal knowledge base. The ideal candidate has a passion for writing, a strong technical aptitude, and a desire and ability to take on a variety of assignments.
- Provide technical writing support to science team and technology solutions group
- Perform in-depth copyediting of written deliverables authored by project scientists
- Draft documentation and instructional material for internal company-wide knowledge base
- Support marketing efforts by developing content to explain and promote our tools and services
- Perform reference retrieval and support the maintenance of internal reference library
- Illustrate scientific and process diagrams using web apps such as LucidChart or BioRender
- Contribute to internal processes and style guide to increase efficiency and maintain high-quality and consistent deliverables
With experience, individuals may support scientific writing assignments in greater depth, for example by:
- Collaborating with our scientists to plan, draft, revise, and submit abstracts, posters, or manuscripts
- Conducting literature searches and interpreting scientific literature for internal stakeholders
- Performing science or medical writing services to external clients
Skills and Requirements
- Possesses a passion for writing, with a strong command of the English language
- Willingness and capacity to learn about the science and terminology used in our field (pharmacokinetic modeling and simulation)
- High degree of comfort with and willingness to learn the technical requirements of the role: using a version control system, writing in LaTex and markup language
- Demonstrates attention to details and proactivity
- Ability to efficiently manage time spent on tasks, managing multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritizing workload
- Flexible attitude to work assignments
- A demonstrated understanding of clinical research is a plus
Education and Experience
- A degree in English, journalism, communications, or life sciences
- 3-5+ years’ writing experience in pharma/biotech/healthcare or related field
- Working knowledge of LaTex or other markup language a plus
- Proficient in Google suite, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, reference management software.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas. Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.