Research Scientist, Statistician
Locations: Tariffville, CT, Remote US locations will also be considered
MetrumRG is seeking a talented, Research Scientist Statistician to join our Statistics team. The Research Scientist, Statistician position includes advanced research opportunities in rotation with client services work. Performs or provides support to other scientific staff in modeling and simulation analyses. The Research Scientist, Statistician will also contribute to internal and external reporting and publication of results and will be expected to continue to develop skills and knowledge in biomedical modeling and simulation.
Qualified individuals will contribute to fighting diseases through collaborations with our customers in biomedical research, development, and post-marketing programs for new drugs, biologics, devices, and diagnostics.
- Continue research efforts, aligned with company goals and personal areas of focus.
- With oversight, aid in the development of strategies and the conduct of modeling and simulation to support biomedical decision-making
- With oversight, apply models to support decision-making through Monte-Carlo simulation
- Perform quality control of modeling and simulation related work.
- With oversight, prepare technical reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Present and publish scientific findings
Requirements and Skills
- Strong proficiency with a scriptable modeling and simulation language (e.g. R, MatLab, Python, Julia).
- Desirable: Experience with Bayesian modeling software (e.g. Stan, JAGS, OpenBUGS).
- Desirable: Experience with Markdown, LaTeX, Shiny, unix/Linux, subversion, git.
- Desirable: Conversant in causal inference concepts and methodologies.
- Desirable: Experience with AI/ML methodologies.
- Desirable: Experience with multilevel/hierarchical models.
- Fluent in the use of Internet technologies and web-based software.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, or Pharmacometrics, or
- Master’s Degree or higher in other quantitative disciplines, with experience in statistical analysis
- Desirable: basic understanding of drug, biologic, device, or diagnostic research and development process.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.