Statistical M&S Scientist
Locations: Tariffville, CT, Cambridge, MA, Indianapolis, IN, or San Diego, CA (Remote locations will also be considered)
MetrumRG is seeking talented, experienced Modeling and Simulation Scientists to join our Statistics team.
Qualified individuals will contribute to fighting diseases through collaborations with our customers in biomedical research, development, and post-marketing programs for new drugs, biologics, devices, and diagnostics. As a Principal Scientist on our Statistics team, you will perform and provide support to other scientific staff in modeling and simulation analyses; participate in all company scientific endeavors; and consult with clients on project work. M&S scientists will be expected to develop and implement quantitative, data-driven strategies for knowledge integration and decision support. Scientists will also contribute to internal and external reporting and publication of results and will be expected to continue to develop skills and knowledge in biomedical modeling and simulation.
- Serve as scientific lead on projects and be client’s main point of contact.
- Perform all aspects of modeling and simulation to support drug development and clinical trials.
- Provide consultation and technical guidance for clients.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external dissemination.
- Participate in MetrumRG training courses as teacher or aid.
- Present and publish scientific findings.
- Provide mentoring to scientific staff.
- Serve in a leadership role in advancing the goals of the company
- Project scoping and proposal preparation
- Generate new business leads
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply Bayesian modeling and simulation tools such as STAN and JAGS to quantitative decision making.
- Strong proficiency with statistical scripting/programming language, such as R.
- Ability to work with others to complete team level tasks.
- Experience with collaborative code development and versioning systems, e.g. with GitHub.
- Desired: ability to sit on drug development teams as pharmacometrician or statistician.
- Desired: experience with reproducible research systems and LaTeX
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative scientific discipline (bio/statistics, mathematics, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacokinetics, biomedical engineering or a related field) or Master's degree with relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Experience: 10+ years direct postgraduate experience is desired. Demonstrated technical abilities and desire to advance the science and assume a leadership position within the company and scientific community.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.