Translational and Systems Pharmacology M&S Scientist
Locations: Tariffville, CT, Cambridge, MA, Indianapolis, IN, or San Diego, CA(Remote locations will also be considered)
MetrumRG is seeking talented, experienced Translational and Systems Pharmacology M&S Scientists to join our team.
Qualified individuals will contribute to fighting diseases through collaborations with our customers in biomedical research, development, and post-marketing programs for new drugs, biologics, devices, and diagnostics. M&S scientists will be expected to develop and implement quantitative, data-driven strategies for knowledge integration and decision support. Scientists will also contribute to internal and external reporting and publication of results and will be expected to continue to develop skills and knowledge in biomedical modeling and simulation.
- Lead interactions with biomedical industry collaborators
- Develop strategies and conduct modeling and simulation to support biomedical decision making
- Develop systems pharmacology and translational pharmacokinetic (PK), physiologically-based (PB) PK, pharmacodynamic (PD), exposure-response, and disease progression models
- Apply models to support decision making through Monte-Carlo simulation
- Serve as a scientific advisor for junior-level staff members
- Perform quality control of modeling and simulation analyses
- Prepare technical reports, manuscripts, and presentations
Requirements and Skills
- Required: A strong understanding of how mathematical analyses using biologic and pharmacologic data can inform development decisions
- Required: Demonstrated ability to distill knowledge from domain experts about biological systems, disease characteristics, and therapeutic interventions into mechanistic mathematical frameworks
- Required: Strong proficiency with a scriptable modeling and simulation language (e.g. R, MatLab, Python, Julia)
- Desirable: Familiarity with biomedical modeling techniques (e.g. ODEs/PDEs, network analyses, agent-based modeling, signaling transduction modeling, spatial-temporal modeling, and/or machine learning)
- Desirable: Strong communication skills to contextualize and disseminate how the outputs of M&S activities address key program questions
- Desirable: Advanced expertise with domain-specific modeling software (e.g. NONMEM, mrgsolve) and Bayesian modeling software (e.g. Stan)
- Desirable: Experience with Shiny, Markdown, LaTeX, unix/Linux, subversion, git
Education and Experience
- Required: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Pharmacometrics, Pharmacokinetics, Bioinformatics, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Required: At least 5 years of demonstrated experience distilling modeling concepts to practice.
- Desirable: Direct experience with quantitative analytics in biomedical applications
- Desirable: Familiarity with drug, biologic, device, or diagnostic research and development process
- Desirable: Experience applying M&S techniques across a range of therapeutic areas
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.