Modeling and Simulation Scientist
Tariffville, CT or Cambridge, MA
(Remote locations will also be considered)
MetrumRG is seeking talented M&S Scientists at various levels of experience to join our team.
OverviewQualified individuals will contribute to fighting diseases through collaborations with our customers in biomedical research, development and post-marketing programs for new drugs, biologics, devices, and diagnostics. M&S scientists will be expected to develop and implement quantitative, data-driven strategies for knowledge integration and decision support. Scientists will also contribute to internal and external reporting and publication of results, and will be expected to continue to develop skills and knowledge in biomedical modeling and simulation.
- Lead interactions with biomedical industry collaborators
- Develop strategies and conduct modeling and simulation to support biomedical decision making
- Develop population pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), exposure-response, disease progression, and/or systems pharmacology models
- Apply models to support decision making through Monte-Carlo simulation
- Perform model-based meta-analysis of therapeutic area summary-level data
- Perform quality control of modeling and simulation analyses
- Prepare technical reports, manuscripts, and presentations
Requirements and Skills
- Required: Strong proficiency with a scriptable modeling and simulation language (e.g. R, MatLab, Python)
- Desirable: Advanced expertise with domain-specific modeling software (e.g. NONMEM, ADAPT, Monolix) and Bayesian modeling software (e.g. Stan, JAGS, OpenBUGS)
- Desirable: Experience with Shiny, Markdown, LaTeX, unix/Linux, subversion, git
- Desirable: A strong understanding of statistical analysis of longitudinal, landmark and repeated-measures, continuous or categorical data, within a multi-level hierarchy
Education and Experience
- Required: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Pharmacometrics, Pharmacokinetics, Bioinformatics, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Desirable: Direct experience with quantitative analytics in biomedical applications
- Desirable: Basic understanding of drug, biologic, device, or diagnostic research and development process
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.