Vice President of Product
The Vice President (VP) of Product is responsible for the overall planning, organization, execution, and ultimate success of the Metworx product. This includes directing the efforts of technology and business teams to stabilize and support the product, meet new and existing customer requirements, and ensure overall customer success. The VP of Product ensures alignment with the vision of the SVP of Technology Solutions in all product-related strategic and implementation activities, including the product roadmap. This position is critical to intersecting product strategy and technology and requires an in-depth knowledge of Metworx and the ability to collaborate with customers and partners.
- Lead and represent the direction and strategy of the Metworx product
- Accountable for the continuous development and implementation of the Metworx product roadmap
- Oversee the management and implementation of the Metworx product activities
- Communicate product strategy and roadmap to key stakeholders.
- Update SVP/executives on the latest product developments
- Become a key evangelist of Metworx and participate in discussions with thought leaders and key customers/collaborators.
- Work with potential customers (business, technical, and security/compliance teams) to define, package, and negotiate contracts for implementations
- Manage delivery, support, and customer success team activities
- Address potential customer needs by bridging to other MetrumRG offerings, where applicable
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions, and product offerings through leadership and decisive action.
- Provide research, guidance, and decision making regarding the adoption of new product offerings
- Build incredible team culture and processes to deliver products that delight customers.
- Accountable for product planning and deliverables
- Monitor product development sprints, evaluate results, and adjust as needed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively product requirements
- Responsible for sales, revenue, and margin targets
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- Act as the SVP’s advisor when dealing with highly sensitive information
- Responsible for product marketing efforts, positioning, and sales strategies
- Monitor and manage strategic sales and marketing plans
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for product offerings.
- Ensure product-related activities are consistent with IT security and compliance methods and standards
- Establish and maintain partner/vendor relationships.
- Determine operational issues and resolve/escalate as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement PaaS/SaaS product strategy
- Proven success in implementing data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- Commendable business acumen to identify opportunities and resolve challenges.
- Ability to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key stakeholders
- Ability to determine and manage key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Experience with agile software project management and familiarity with DevOps
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure that product projects run smoothly.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage tradeoffs and prioritize conflicting demands (feature requests, stabilization, risk management, etc.)
- Experience with security and compliance requirements in validated/regulated environments.
- Ability to craft and implement marketing/sales strategies.
- Capable of deploying modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process.
- Strong ability to translate a customer-centric mindset into the product development process.
- Success in leading and mentoring the research, design, and development of product activities.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years experience working in high-growth software/SaaS/PaaS product company
- 8+ years experience leading product and/or technology teams
- Exposure to cloud computing products/services (Amazon Web Services specific, preferred)
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or life sciences industries
- B.S. or B.A, preferably in a technical field
Some domestic and international travel will be required. This may include but is not limited to our Connecticut office, customers, and conferences.
Excellent benefits package.
*Metrum Research Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.