Vice President of Engineering
The VP of Engineering, MetrumRG Technology Solutions, is responsible for the overall success of the MetrumRG engineering team. This role is essential in providing leadership around the technical execution of our mission.
The MetrumRG Technology Solutions group is responsible for all of the company’s technology needs, including technology products and related services, and other technology needs for MetrumRG Scientific Services. This position reports to the SVP of Technology Solutions and works together to set, manage, and execute the overall vision for the engineering team.
The VP of Engineering is accountable for the planning, organization, and execution of all engineering activities. This includes directing engineering staff to meet customer needs (both internal and external) and provide support and maintenance of ongoing technology product and infrastructure development.
- Provides sound technical leadership and sets the overall engineering strategy.
- Responsible for the platform frontend, backend, database, server infrastructure, and devops.
- Builds and manages the engineering team and sets the team culture.
- Leads the engineering team, hiring, mentoring, leading on architecture and best practices, setting up the platform for growth.
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Product to execute the product vision (product roadmap, user experience, etc.)
- Sets expectations with stakeholders around implementation timelines, deliverables, and tradeoffs.
- Ensure our people, processes, systems, and infrastructure is built to deliver long-term growth.
- Oversees assessment of the time and effort needed to deliver features or products, ensuring quality and timeliness of the team’s deliverables.
- Leads transformational projects to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and strategic position of Metrum Technology Solutions.
- Interacts directly with customers to support custom implementation projects, where appropriate.
- Understands and addresses gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
- Please note: this job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for the continuous development and implementation of the Metworx product roadmap
- Oversee the management and implementation of the Metworx product activities
- Communicate product strategy and roadmap to key stakeholders.
- Update SVP/executives on the latest product developments
- Become a key evangelist of Metworx and participate in discussions with thought leaders and key customers/collaborators.
- Work with potential customers (business, technical, and security/compliance teams) to define, package, and negotiate contracts for implementations
- Manage delivery, support, and customer success team activities
- Address potential customer needs by bridging to other MetrumRG offerings, where applicable
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions, and product offerings through leadership and decisive action.
- Provide research, guidance, and decision making regarding the adoption of new product offerings
- Build incredible team culture and processes to deliver products that delight customers.
- Accountable for product planning and deliverables
- Monitor product development sprints, evaluate results and adjust as needed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively product requirements
- Responsible for sales, revenue, and margin targets
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- Act as the SVP’s advisor when dealing with highly sensitive information
- Responsible for product marketing efforts, positioning, and sales strategies
- Monitor and manage strategic sales and marketing plans
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for product offerings.
- Ensure product-related activities are consistent with IT security and compliance methods and standards
- Establish and maintain partner/vendor relationships.
- Determine operational issues and resolve/escalate as appropriate.
- 10+ years of experience in cloud computing and configuration management or related automation tools.
- 10+ years in a leadership or management role
- Extensive experience in architecting complex systems
- Deep expertise in implementing development processes to drive team execution and meet business goals.
- Track record of identifying and solving strategic problems while driving growth
- Past experience as a contributing engineer, both frontend and backend
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers.
- Familiarity with our technology stack
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly capable team
Education and Experience:
Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages. Additional training, certification, and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure-related tasks is preferred.
The job frequently requires working at a computer terminal, standing or sitting, and the ability to operate the computer with proficiency.
Some domestic and international travel will be required. This may include but is not limited to our Connecticut office, customers, and conferences.
Excellent benefits package
*Metrum Research Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.