Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The Technical Operations SysAdmin is an IT professional that works closely with the Technology Operations Manager to support the growing technology needs of our team. In this role, you will help support the operations of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease. This is a highly technical role that requires strong customer service and collaboration skills.
- Work with DevOps team to ensure uptime requirements for internal and external cloud infrastructure
- Help ensure compliance with technology specific processes and procedures (schedule of testing, SOP review and revision, etc)
- Ensure GxP validated systems remain in a validated state
- Work with TechOps management to refine, test and document IT security policies and framework
- Work with key stakeholders to maintain IT security, based on industry standards
- Provide IT and application support for a growing internal staff across multiple locations
- Manage receipt and trouble-shooting to address internal IT tickets
- Triage user issues and service requests.
- Provide assignment/escalation as appropriate.
- Evaluate and propose new products, tools, and services
- Assist with creating, maintaining, and curating documentation for internal process and user instruction
- Curate and produce documentation in company knowledge base
- Provide deployment and testing support of application releases
- Work seamlessly within company internal cloud-based systems
- Day-to-day tasks and project work as assigned
- Please note: this job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong collaboration, organization, and communication skills
- Experience with help desk service request/ticketing systems and workflow
- Experience with Linux - strong foundation and practical experience desired
- Experience with administration of either GSuite or Microsoft 365 environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience managing AD, SCCM, LDAP or OKTA Universal Directory for organizations
- Experience with version control tools - subversion, git, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with (at least) one scripting language - bash, python, etc.
- Basic understanding of cloud computing platforms and products (AWS preferred)
- Experience with enterprise level incident management system (JIRA preferred)
- Flexibility with regard to assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly of a highly capable team
- Familiarity with MDM tools
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years experience in systems administration/technology specialist roles required.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in regulated industry is strongly preferred.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas. Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.