Support Engineer Technical Client Services
Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The Support Engineer is responsible to provide technical support and serve as an escalation point for technical issues. As part of our Technology Solutions Team, reporting to the Senior Director of Technical Client Services, you will help support services and solutions of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease.
- Engage with customers to promote adoption and to improve satisfaction with MetrumRG’s products and services
- Lead all technical support activities in response to incidents, technical issues, problems, and questions
- Prepare user training materials and how-to KB articles
- Keep customer specific records and documentation up to date
- Investigate root causes of issues, follow up with internal and external teams for resolutions and workarounds
- Identify problems, then document and implement resolutions
- Collaborate with other teams (DevOps and software engineering) during deployments and activities that impact customers
- Document desired and emerging use cases, product enhancement, and bugs with MetrumRG’s products.
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 3+ years experience in cloud computing, managed hosting or application support
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- 3+ years experience with Linux administration, including managing users, installing software, managing file systems, etc.
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer-centric perspective with successful experience in customer service roles.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience
AWS certification (any) is a big plus. Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages. Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure-related tasks is preferred.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
*Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.