Software/ Solutions Engineer
Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The Software/Solutions Engineer is here to develop open-source tools and to support our analytics and engineering services within our cloud-based services and solutions team. As part of our Technology Solutions Team, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will help support services and solutions of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease. Software/Solutions Engineers are well-rounded individuals comfortable with software development and devops, system administration.
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of internal and open source tools to support data science applications
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of innovative deliverables in collaboration with other MetrumRG scientists
- Help ensure the shipping of consistently high-quality software tools
- Assist in the building, deploying, and maintaining of infrastructure in public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Configure and maintain continuous integration pipelines and other automation activities
- Write performance benchmarks and analyze bottlenecks
- Requirements gathering, ownership of the product roadmaps, and creation of training materials on the developed tools.
- 1-3+ years of operations and/or programming experience
- Experience with a version control system such as git
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations
- Experience with writing production ready code, including CI/CD workflows
- Ability to work well as part of a project team
- A strong drive to learn and share learnings with others
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or quantitative field, and equivalent job experience.
- Desirable: Experience with GitHub/GitLab/bitbucket-based project activities, using continuous integration for code management.
- Desirable: Linux and Unix-like systems administration and exposure to containerization with Docker.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.