Senior Technical Client Services Engineer
Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The Client Services Engineer is responsible for two key areas:
- Onboarding and lifecycle management of clients
- Technical Support for platforms and applications
As part of our Technology Solutions Team, reporting to the Senior Director of Technical Client Services, you will help support services and solutions of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease.
- Technical customer account onboarding and implementation of MetrumRGs technology solutions
- Document technical requirements, schedules, and client interactions.
- Assist with pre and post-sales engineering activities
- Design, scope, and execution of implementation plans
- Engage with customers to design and implement customized configurations that satisfy the needs of the customer and the vision of the product
- Participate in designing pre-engineered configuration options in the product
- Provide technical support and serve as an escalation point for technical issues
- Meet SLAs (internal and external) for all types of tickets and project timelines
- Collaborate with other teams (devops and software engineering) during deployments and activities that impact customers
- Document desired and emerging use cases, product enhancement, and bugs with MetrumRGs products.
- Train more junior team members
- Serve as a technical escalation point for support issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 10+ years experience in cloud computing managed hosting or application support
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- 3+ years experience with linux administration, including managing users, installing software, managing filesystems, etc.
- 3+ years experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible ) or related field.
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Experience with SSO/SAML integrations (OKTA, ADFS)
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages, such as ShellScript or Python
- Prior software engineering experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience
AWS certification (any) is a big plus. Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages. Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure related tasks is preferred.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
*Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.