Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The DevOps Engineer provides leadership of technical security and compliance efforts across our cloud-based infrastructure. This is a new role, tasked with implementing a developmental approach and a solid framework designed to prevent and alleviate security threats/attacks. In addition to the security-focused responsibilities, the DevSecOps Engineer will be involved with DevOps activities such as deployments, configuration, and management of CI/CD pipelines, and coordinated activities with the development team while also bringing a security perspective to the execution.
As part of our Technology Solutions Team, reporting to the Principal DevOps Engineer, you will help support services and solutions of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease.
- Create and deploy all infrastructure automation within our AWS space, using Chef/Puppet, and utilize various AWS services, including CloudFormation, IAM.
- Work closely with our Security Officer to create and implement procedures around technical security-related activities such as vulnerability scanning, user access, analysis of security monitoring outputs, and coordination of remediation activities.
- Secure and manage the security of our AWS control plane.
- Consult with the development team around security-first design principles.
- Perform infrastructure and software quality assurance efforts
- Oversee and administer Company electronic communications tools.
- Identify and support company standards for software tools.
- Advise management of problems or conflicts; escalates critical matters.
- Develop and implement customized security-driven tools
- 10+ years experience in cloud computing and configuration management (ansible, terraform) or related field.
- High level of proficiency in Linux system administration and security
- Familiarity with defense in depth, zero trust architecture, and related security strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of how security impacts each development phase and the services.
- Up-to-date knowledge of security and data privacy threats and trends
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Python.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong team player with proficient communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
Education and Experience
AWS certification (any) is a big plus. Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages. Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure-related tasks is preferred.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.
*Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.