Tariffville, CT (full-time remote will be considered)
The DevOps Engineer supports initiatives within our cloud-based services and solutions team. As part of our Technology Solutions Team, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will help support services and solutions of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease.
- Create and deploy infrastructure via automation within our AWS space, using Ansible and Terraform.
- Create infrastructure & CI/CD pipelines using Docker and Kubernetes
- Secure and manage the security of our AWS control plane.
- Perform infrastructure and software quality assurance efforts; advises colleagues in software development best practices.
- Manage public and private code repositories.
- Advise executive management of problems or conflicts; escalates critical matters.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in cloud computing and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform) or related field.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient with a Linux flavor, including managing users and software on managed systems.
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
Education and Experience
AWS certification (any) is a big plus! Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages. Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure related tasks is preferred.
About Metrum Research Group
Metrum Research Group is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, our experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas. Metrum Research Group is an equal opportunity employer.